The best time to walk the High Line in New York City is early in the morning (between 7am and 10am) before the crowds and tourists arrive. The railroad tracks along the elevated public park on Manhattans west side are wide open for walking, with the occasional jogger passing by. Yesterday H and I walked the High Line from the Chelsea Market Passage at 15th street all the way north to the 30th Street Cut-Out. It was a great stroll even in my pregnant state!
Most moms-to-be put off buying maternity clothes until the last minute possible. They will buy a Belly Band in hopes to continue to wear their pre-pregnancy jeans and pants until they can’t squeeze themselves into them any longer. However, I found the tummy tube band uncomfortable and always rising up. This pregnancy I chose comfort first, and bought maternity clothes right from the start to get the full 9 months wear out of them!
I am all about living on a budget, but you are pregnant for 9 months and deserve to look good even if you might not feel good. The five maternity items I think are necessary and worth the splurge are:
- Good pair of jeans- I like the jeans that have the secret fit belly panel, the size you pick should be numerical (not S,M,L) and based on your pre-pregnancy size. If you have a designer brand that you are already in love with try that brand first.
- Date night dress- Without fail you will be invited to at least one “dressy” event during the nine months, so having a “little black” maternity dress is perfect because you can wear it multiple times and change it up with different colored accessories.
- Cardigan/ Wrap sweater- When you are feeling “pregnant” a cardigan or wrap sweater is a great way to cover-up. Pick a color that will coordinate best with your wardrobes colors.
- Maxi dress- I love my jeans, but pants are not comfortable to wear everyday so a long comfortable dress is a great alternative and can also be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- Bathing Suit- If you are taking the ever coveted “babymoon” or live near a beach or pool, then buy a bathing suit that is comfortable and has good coverage (you don’t want to burn you belly) is a must.
All the other necessary items such as tank tops, leggings, yoga pants, t-shirts can be bought on the cheap at the following locations:
What maternity item do you think is the most important and worth the splurge?
Disneyland is in California and the Magic Kingdom is in Florida… Yes, they are very similar and both full of the Disney magic but they are also very different. We just got home from a mini vacation in Walt Disney World, and had an amazing time! H is 2.5 years old and the perfect age to enjoy all that WDW has to offer.
Should you visit one if you have seen the other?
Sure, why not, if the occasion arises to get to travel to both of theses Disney parks then for sure do so. Also if your are a Disney fanatic then seeing both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom is a must! However, as a born and raised Southern California girl my heart lies with Disneyland, and I think you get a lot more attractions for your money.
The two parks share several attractions, and I think Disneyland’s versions are better. For example both parks have a Small World attraction. The one at Disneyland has the world’s fair facade, where the Magic Kingdoms version looks like any other Fantasyland attraction (you could totally walk right past it)! Pirates of the Caribbean is also better at Disneyland the ride is longer (so more Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate’s life for me) and feels more realistic.
What you will only see at Disneyland California:
- Sleeping Beauty’s Castle
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Pinocchio’s Daring Adventure
- Alice in Wonderland
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Sleeping Beauty Ride
- Storybookland Canal Boats
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Captain EO
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Gadget’s Go Coaster
- Jolly Trolley
- Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Tarzan Treehouse
What you will only see at Magic Kingdom Florida:
- Cinderella Castle
- Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Goofy’s Barnstormer
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
- Two Dumbo The Flying Elephant
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (still begin built)
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Stitch’s Great Escape!
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority (PeopleMover)
- Country Bear Jamboree
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
- The Hall of Presidents
Another difference between the two parks is the types of visitors. Disneyland has a high percentage of locals who drive in for the day, where the Magic Kingdom attracts mostly tourist who fly in and make Walt Disney World a multi day vacation. Even though the Magic Kingdom is larger making it easier to walk around with a stroller, it does not feel superior to Disneyland. Oh and the Magic Kingdom needs more places in the shade to sit for this pregnant mama.
How many of you have been to both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom parks? Which do you prefer?
Some attractions at Disneyland might not be at Magic Kingdom, but are at another theme park at Walt Disney World. Same for some attractions at Magic Kingdom might be at Disney’s California Adventure.